The position of technical sales representative consists of selling goods for wholesalers or manufacturers where technical or scientific knowledge is required in such areas as biology, engineering, chemistry and electronics.
• Answer customers' questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms
• Collaborate with colleagues to exchange information such as selling strategies and marketing information
• Contact new and existing customers to discuss their needs and explain how these needs could be met by specific products and services
• Emphasize product features based on analyses of customers' needs, and on technical knowledge of product capabilities and limitations
• Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients and attending trade shows and conferences
Salary is $47K+ DOE. Direct placement opportunity.
• A Bachelors degree is preferred
• 3+ years experience in technical sales required
• Ability to persuade others to change their minds and behavior