The MDS Coordinator RN optimizes and coordinates the RUGS III process as well as MDS for non-Medicare residents. Ensures facility compliance with third party agency regulations with respect to the MDS process. Educates staff on changes to regulations.
- Actively participates in resident care and discharge planning sessions.
- Uses client nursing practice standards to demonstrate appropriate assessment, evaluation and planning of resident care.
- Adheres to corporate policy and procedures and third party agency regulations.
- Completes demand bills for Medicare upon request, timely and accurately.
- Completes MDS's accurately and promptly and submits for data entry.
Pay is $30+ per hour DOE. Comprehensive benefits package. Direct placement opportunity.
- Current NYS license and registration in good standing as a Professional Nurse.
- 3+ years experience with MDS / PRI scoring in long-term care.
- Current knowledge of MDS guidelines and updates.
- Thorough knowledge of assessment tools and regulations regarding documentation and reimbursements; good knowledge of resource utilization group scores, Medicare and Medicaid eligibility regulations; including MDS 3.0, PRI, and Medicare Part A requirements.