The job will be to assist with planning, identifying and directing all phases of health care for the registrants (under the supervision of the program director) and maintaining the highest quality of registrant care.
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment of patients and families in order to determine health care needs and develop plan of care for each registrant.
- Provide direct skilled nursing services to registrants as needed, maintaining nursing practice and activities in accordance with professional standards.
- Assist in emergency care as necessary.
- Assist with orientation, instruction, and supervision of other registrant care personnel.
- Admit and orient new registrants to unit and program services.
- Prepare and administer medications and treatments to registrants and complete records according to facility medication and treatment procedures.
- Supervise and assist CNAs in all care areas assuring use of proper procedure, i.e. transferring and transporting registrants to other departments.
- Check registrants daily to assure that prescribed treatment is being properly administered by personnel and evaluate their physical and emotional status. Record findings in registrant chart.
Pay is $22 per hour. Direct placement opportunity.
Must be a graduate of an approved school of nursing and have current registration with New York State. Previous experience in geriatrics helpful, but not necessary. Must have sincere desire to work with the aged and chronically ill. Must be able to supervise and instruct other personnel professionally. Must have a good sense of responsibility, be dependable and maintain good attendance. CPR certification required.