Under the general supervision of the acute nurse manager, the Acute Staff Nurse is responsible and accountable for the hemodialysis and related therapies for renal failure patient in the acute setting.
- Prepares and monitors the equipment used for intermittent or continuous hemodialysis and water treatment in the acute setting, including performing quality control checks.
- Performs and provides pre, intra, and post documentation of acute patient assessments.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding patient care delivered.
- Initiates, monitors and terminates dialysis treatments via all accesses in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Administers medications as ordered within the scope of their license and provides documentation of administration and result of medication.
- Accurately receives, transcribes and implements written and verbal orders from physicians.
Pay is $32+ per hour DOE. Solid benefits package offered. Direct placement opportunity.
- Completion from an accredited Registered Nursing Program and current licensure
- 6 months of dialysis experience required
- Experience in critical care nursing is preferred
- CNN certification preferred.
- Maintain certification in CPR