Performs and completes all work required as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner in a professional manner and in accordance with the professional and ethical standards observed by competent practitioners in social work, mental health counseling, or other credential that qualifies to work in a clinical profession.
- Conducts psychiatric assessments, including history, course of illness, and response to treatment, mental status exam and diagnosis.
- Prescribes psychotropic medications and conducts regular assessments of therapeutic responses and side effects and educates clients regarding medications; assessment of co-morbid physical health conditions that may affect the client’s overall health.
- Provides crisis assessment and management of clients, both on-site and over the phone.
- Assists the Team Leader / Clinic Director in training staff in knowledge and skills basic to treatment of persons with severe and persistent mental illness.
- Completes documentation per clinic policy and regulatory requirements in a timely fashion that is accurate to services provided; especially when insurance will be billed.
- May provide wellness activities as needed such as health monitoring, consultation with other healthcare providers, or directing nursing staff to monitor particular physical health circumstances and conditions.
Salary is $125K+ DOE. Solid benefits package offered. Direct placement opportunity.
- NYS licensed / registered NP with specialty area of Psychiatry required
- Must have NPI number
- National Certification through AANP or ANCC
- Master’s of Science in Nursing
- 2 years of experience providing NP services to adults in mental health setting; preferably in OMH licensed facility
- Satisfactory criminal background and child registry clearance results are required.