Responsible for directing and coordinating the activities of production personnel to meet production timetables and quality goals. Ensures that direct reports follow company policies and motivates team, conducts performance appraisals, participates in interviewing & makes increase, demotion and job transfer recommendations. Also ensures that team is working productively to meet shipping timetables for customer satisfaction.
• Plans and directs production to obtain maximum utilization of assigned personnel, equipment and materials and to ensure on time shipment of parts meeting customer’s specifications
• Coordinates the requisitioning and expediting of all raw materials, and perishable tools
• Assists in developing or revising standard operational and working practices and observes employees to ensure compliance with standards
• Inspects equipment to ensure specific operational performance and coordinates repairs and preventive maintenance with maintenance personnel to ensure minimum downtime
• Provides hands on departmental instruction and training and determines external training required by assigned personnel
• Observes and encourages good timekeeping practices and sets the example
• Ensures that all safety policies and practices, use of personal protective equipment and good housekeeping are adhered to
Pay is $25+ per hour DOE. A solid benefits package is offered. Direct placement opportunity.
• Associates or Bachelors degree in mechanical technology preferred
• 5+ years experience in a supervisory role in a heavy manufacturing setting required
• Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations
• Knowledge of performance evaluations
• Proficient in MS Office and ERP software
• Outstanding communication ability
• Excellent organizational and leaderships skills