Please attach your resume in one of these file formats: doc, docx, docm, odf, odt, pdf, wpd.
The Press Apprentice is responsible for assisting press operators with set-up, cleanup, job changes, and pre-stage when required.
- Ensure pressrooms are clean and maintained with necessary materials; attend to paper staging areas when needed
- Be attentive and receptive to supervisor, press operator and pre-stage training and feedback; the success of the press apprentice role is a pre-requisite for a press operator role
- Knowledge of machines, tools and computers, including design, use, repairs and maintenance
- Ability to understand mathematical applications, ex. measurement, logic, etc
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide range of professions and personalities
Pay is $12.50 per hour. Comprehensive benefits package for full-time staff. Direct placement opportunity.
- 3+ years experience in a production environment
- Ability to lift up to 50-60 pounds and push / roll 300 – 800 pounds with pallet jack
- Good manual dexterity for cutting, grasping, guiding, pressing, pulling, pushing, rolling, typing, turning knobs
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time on varied surfaces and reach, twist, bend and stretch when required
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and acute depth perception
- Must be able to pass pre-employment screening including drug testing