The Physician Assistant is a skilled professional qualified by academic and practical training to provide patient care services under the supervision and direction of a licensed physician.
1. The PA will obtain and document a complete and advanced health and development history from the patient and/or family members, and perform and document an advanced physical examination of the patient, delineate problems and present data.
2. In collaboration with a licensed physician or physicians, orders and/or performs special screening and diagnostic tests and procedures; analyzes all data collected; takes appropriate course of action as necessary.
3. Explains the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to the patient/family. Participates in active patient teaching relevant to patient’s concerns/diagnosis including but not limited to preventative health maintenance issues.
4. Assists in the formulation and implementation of the plan of care, which may involve various treatment modalities, prescribed medications, consultation with other health care providers, and referrals. Seeks consult with supervising physician when patient’s progress does not meet anticipated and/or predetermined criteria.
5. Diagnostic responsibilities include performing and/or interpreting at least to the point of recognizing deviations from the norm, common laboratory, radiologic, cardiographic, and other routine diagnostic procedures used to identify pathophysiologic processes.
Salary is $90K+ DOE plus an annual bonus plan. Strong benefits package. Direct placement opportunity.
Bachelor’s degree with a Physician Assistant Certificate required. Must possess NCCPA Certification or be eligible for certification exam.