In collaboration with the Medical Director and VP of Patient Services, the NP / PA functions in an expanded role in the area of ambulatory reproductive health care. Working within the context of affiliate medical protocols, the NP / PA delivers patient care utilizing the medical model to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate outcomes as related to human sexuality issues, family planning, surgical needs, obstetrics and health promotion.
- Secures a complete health history, including obstetric, gynecologic, contraceptive, medical, surgical, sexual, family health and psychosocial, and findings accurately and succinctly. At subsequent visits he/she will include an interval history and all changes will be documented in the medical record.
- Performs physical examinations with emphasis on the reproductive system, including breast examination, pelvic examination, cancer screening tests, diagnosis of sexually transmitted infections (STIs), and other types of more specialized procedures as may be indicated by medical policy.
- Performs, orders and interprets routine laboratory tests.
- Recognizes deviations from normal, evaluates, and refers to appropriate medical/social resources.
- Provides education and counseling in areas of health maintenance and reproductive health, such as nutrition, infertility, sexuality, family planning, family dynamics, breast health and menopause.
Salary is $83K+ DOE. Direct placement opportunity. Will pay for relocation based on a two year commitment.
Graduation from an accredited school as a board certified Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant with a current NYS license required. Masters Degree and