The Nurse Practitioner provides advanced care to acutely and chronically ill patients who have an advanced chronic illness or potentially life-limiting conditions. Collaborating with the attending or referring provider and other members of the interdisciplinary team, the NP develops a plan of care to control and monitor the patient’s primary illness related symptoms.
1. Performs palliative care patient/family assessments.
2. Responds to inpatient referrals for assessments and makes care plan recommendations to manage patient’s symptoms. Assumes management of patient’s care if requested by the admitting provider.
3. Assumes role of primary provider for patients who do not have a provider.
4. Collaborates with patient and family, patient’s provider and other members of the interdisciplinary team to determine goals for care.
5. Facilitates patient and family decision making regarding desired treatment(s). Communicates changes to the referring provider.
6. Sees patients on a regular basis to monitor treatment response and to identify any needed changes to the care plan. Provides updates to provider each visit.
Salary is $120K. Direct placement opportunity.
• Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program (FNP & AGNP acceptable)
• One-two years of oncology or internal medicine experience required
• Must be licensed as a Nurse Practitioner in the state of New York