Defines and develops and improves manufacturing processes and work instructions by studying product and manufacturing methods to be trouble free and ensure success every time (zero defects) in accordance with product specifications and quality standards.
• assures sound engineering and validation principals are applied to process design
• assists with equipment selection and drive implementation of new equipment
• oversees projects to assure on-time/on budget implementation
• monitors and maintains process controls and leads process improvements while mentoring others to improve processes
• conducts feasibility studies
Salary is $65K+ DOE - will pay significantly more for a candidate with strong experience. A solid benefits package is offered. Direct placement opportunity.
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, or mechanical engineering technology
• 5 years experience as a Mechanical Engineer preferably in metal fabrication environment.
• Licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE) desirable
• Experience working with computer-aided engineering (CAM) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAE)
• Experience with mathematical computing and analysis tools knowledge (Matlab, LabView)
• Superior computer skills; well-versed in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly strong with Excel); ProEngineer / Creo / Solidworks / Mastercam / Surfcam or particular program utilized in Company preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of product lifecycle management (PLM), finite element analysis (FEA) and computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
• Able to create 2-D or 3-D designs to run simulations, analyze, and tests