The Injection Molding Process Engineer is a "hands-on" position that plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing equipment and processes to produce high quality injection molded product. The Process Engineer is responsible for coordinating the molding efforts on new program launches, setting up and/or revising manufacturing processes and assisting the manufacturing operations in problem solving and continuous process improvements. While monitoring the effectiveness of processes this individual quantifies results, documents and presents findings to management and prepares reports. This position also mentors and provides training to other injection molding personnel. Lead injection molding process through support of Process Technicians, optimization of molding process, continuous improvement initiatives, liaising with outside vendors, and
providing manufacturing support. Responsible for overseeing tooling, fixture, and gauge design and engineering drawing mark ups per job launch plans, confirms that job launch program action items are accomplished on time, and confirms process capabilities by conducting feasibility studies etc.
Salary is $65K+ DOE - will pay significantly more for a candidate with strong experience. A solid benefits package is offered. Direct placement opportunity.
• Bachelor’s degree in plastics, chemical, mechanical engineering, or mechanical engineering technology
• 5 years experience as a Mechanical Engineer preferably in Injection Molding environment.
• Licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE) desirable
• Experience working with computer-aided engineering (CAM) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAE)
• Experience with mathematical computing and analysis tools knowledge (Matlab, LabView)
• Superior computer skills; well-versed in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly strong with Excel); ProEngineer/Creo/Solidworks/Mastercam/Surfcam or particular program utilized in Company preferred.
• Extensive knowledge of product lifecycle management (PLM), finite element analysis (FEA) and computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
• Knowledge of PLCs and ladder logic.
• Able to create 2-D or 3-D designs to run simulations, analyze, and tests
• Strong and diverse technical background in injection molding processing, tooling, equipment, materials, manufacturing and quality.