Our client is a leading area fabricator & erector and is seeking to find a leader for their safety team.
Immediate opening available, wage $30+ per hour DOE. Health, dental, vision, life, & 401(k) plan are among the many benefits offered upon hire by our client. Contract-to-hire opportunity.
• Industry safety and health training experience (including a construction field safety background)
• OSHA 1910 10 & 30 hour course, OSHA 511 course a plus
• OSHA trainers course-general industry a plus
• Respiratory-industrial hygiene training/knowledge
• Machine guarding and standards
• Fall arrest, confined space, electrical standards training
• Overhead crane & rigging training/knowledge a plus
• 40 Hour HAZWOPER a plus
• Demonstrate effective skill in leadership.
• Possess advanced level of expertise in all areas of safety procedures, including, but not limited to: HAZCOM, confined space, fire protection, PPE, lock out/tag out, fall protection, respiratory protection, protection of openings; as well as the ability to quickly locate written copies of programs and procedures for easy reference.
• Five years or more of experience as a safety manager a plus.
• Excellent business writing skills and proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Experience and knowledge working with and around: overhead cranes, aerial lifts, forklifts, rigging equipment, steel fabrication and welding.
• Extensive knowledge of federal, state and local EH&S regulations required.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.