The Clinical Dietician is responsible for the evaluation, planning and clinical assessment of nutritional status of our client's patients. Coordinates all phases of nutrition care including nutrition assessment, care planning, monitoring, education and counseling. Performs duties in compliance with licensing, accrediting, and regulatory agencies. Contributing member of the interdisciplinary team in establishing and implementing our client's care plan.
• Complies with all State and Federal safety, health and sanitary regulations as well as corporate policies and procedures.
• Collaborates with providers and patients to develop nutritional plans of care. Completes initial nutritional evaluations, assesses and monitors nutritional risk. Reviews P.O. intakes, lab results, residents and charts / medical history.
• Addresses acute clinical situations, lab results, or social changes in a patient's status as they arise. Reviews and revises nutritional care plans and schedules as needed.
• Coordinates changes in nutritional care planning with staff, MDs, nurses, food service, etc and makes regular follow-ups.
• Makes recommendations to providers regarding orders, monitoring and tolerance for enteral and parenteral nutrition. Completes follow up assessments when indicated.
• Assists and guides Diet Technicians with lab evaluations, diet planning, and care planning for patients.
Salary $52K+ DOE. Comprehensive benefits package. Direct placement opportunity.
• Two years of clinical experience in a health care setting desired. Outpatient experience preferred.
• Completion of a dietetic internship.
• B.A. or B.S. in dietetics from an AND (Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics) accredited academic institution required.
• Current registration or registry eligible.
• Able to effectively assess patient’s nutritional needs and establish plans of nutritional care.
• Ability to communicate effectively with patients and families from diverse backgrounds who may have physical, sensory and mental impairments. Excellent oral and written communications skills required.
• Proficient in MS Office and able to learn new software rapidly.