Performs accounts receivable functions including receiving checks / ACHs, cash application, short pay discrepancy follow up with billers and customers. Understanding invoice life cycle to ensure accurate billing and collections activity
• Check deposit, cash application & posts payments by recording and reconciling cash, checks, credit card trans, ACH, etc. (cash receipts) daily
• Process credit applications, set up new customers, uphold customer credit guidelines as defined; escalate non-compliance
• Verify account and / or payment discrepancies – review information with customers & billing in a timely manner; note all activity
• Follow up with customers to facilitate prompt payment of invoices –for defined standard intervals (days) and points of action
• Work with billing to understand, resolve & avoid short pays
• Provide preliminary account reconciliation of aging to GL monthly – summarizes receivable by maintaining invoice accounts; verifying totals and preparing reports
Pay is $15+ per hour DOE with a solid benefits package. Direct placement opportunity.
• Associates degree in accounting or business
• 5+ years experience in accounts receivable
• Microsoft Dynamics GP experience preferred
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to multi task and be flexible
• Ability to use standard office equipment: 10-key calculator, computers, phones, photocopiers, fax machines, etc.